Master of Science HES-SO in Life Sciences, specialization in Chemical Development and Production
The Institute of Chemistry offers in the Master of Science HES-SO in Life Sciences a specialization in Chemical Development and Production. The formation focuses on the research of methodologies and technologies which allow for the fast, efficient and safe synthesis and production of chemical entities in predefined quantities and qualities by respecting the principles of sustainable development and total quality management. Students will :
- Learn how to search for synthetic routes considering safety and economical aspects.
- Develop competencies to optimize the selected synthetic pathway by using modern techniques (analytics, statistics, and laboratory automation).
- Learn how to adapt the optimal process to the existing production facilities or those to be put in place.
- Establish documents which precisely define the process variables and output functions (SOPs, risk analysis, cost analysis, quality and quantities).
- Be able to choose the appropriate process analytical techniques, safe process control systems and process automation.
- Be acquainted with regulatory aspects (GLP and GMP) and learn how to assure traceability of substances and documentation of equipment and processes
More information: http://www.hes-so.ch/fr/master-life-sciences.html